Wounded Warrior and Veterans Benefits

/Wounded Warrior and Veterans Benefits
Wounded Warrior and Veterans Benefits 2018-04-18T17:21:09+00:00

The effects of military service on veterans can be profound and lasting. There can be a number of adverse financial, social, and health issues that result from military service. Some Wounded Warriors and Veterans Who Have a Compensation Rating of 100% P&T are unaware that Social Security may expedite the processing of their disability claims.

Military service members can receive expedited processing of disability claims from Social Security. Benefits available through Social Security are different than those from the Department of Veterans Affairs and require a separate application. The expedited process is used for military service members who become disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001, regardless of where the disability occurs.

Click here to view a webinar prepared by the Social Security Administration regarding Wounded Warrior Benefits: Social Security for Wounded Warriors

To receive expedited processing, you must:

  1. Identify yourself as a “Veteran rated 100% P&T” when you apply for benefits.
    If you apply in person or over the phone, please tell the Social Security representative you talk to that you are a veteran rated 100% P&T.
    If you apply online, please enter “Veteran 100% P&T” in the “Remarks” section of the application so that we can identify you and expedite your application.
  2. Provide your VA Notification letter which verifies your 100% P&T rating to Social Security.
  3. You can help speed up the process by having the needed information on hand when you apply

Kim Engler / Disability Advocate

Disability Advocates Group has been championing the cause of the disabled for over 20 years. We view each claim as a unique challenge entitled to individualized strategy to help ensure a successful outcome. Remember, we don’t get paid unless you get paid!

Get Started

Would you like to know more?

Tell us a little bit more about your disability case and we'll provide you with some direction.
Get Started